22 Feb 2013

Working In The Studio

Hey, I found a spare moment in the library to update you on my current project: MoDA Obsession. I'm waiting for Phoenix to finish her seminar and after that we're going on a secret mission!

Here are some pictures from the other day, as I'm not working from my laptop I don't have all the pictures on me - so instead of showing what I've been working on, I thought it would be fun to some of the others work! (Hope they wont get upset, as they don't know about it!)

Actually I've worked on this with my partner Emily, we're currently trying to find out how to place a zip into a curve, which is turning out to be easier than we thought, its still not perfected to the standard that Paul (design tutor) wants, but he seemed slightly surprised, as he's be telling me all a long that its not possible. Im determined to prove him wrong!

Here's Erin, she's probably going to hate me for this, she was not keen on me taken her photo! Hence the blurriness of the image. She's been working on her prototype of her design, see below for the sketch of her design. Erin is a little genius when it comes to sewing! She helped pin my collar onto my jacket, so I could sew it - pictures coming up soon! Erin is in my class, so she's studying fashion design as well!


This is Rose, she's always so happy and cheery. Rose is studying Fashion and Textile and she's a pattern cutting master! She literally knows everything! She pattern cut and sewed her own freaking gloves! I'm telling that takes skill!

Rose has been working on these leggings, don't be frightened by the colour combination! It's just a toile  (prototype). But look at all those panels! 

Feel free to share your thoughts on our work! 


/Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment