5 Feb 2013

Illustrations



It's been 3 weeks since I did my last post! Slacker... But this MoDA Obsessions project is driving me to the ground, hence the lack of posting, because the massive pile of work that I've needed to do. 'Obsessive' amounts of research and 50 designs with fronts and backs, plus the they needed to be coloured, presented with thumbnail images of where our inspiration cames from. Gluing and sticking is time consuming! And you feel my exhaustion? On top of that as a student rep, I'm also currently planning a fashion show with my fellow student reps. Planning a fashion show with no funding seems to be a bit of a challenge. 
Oh no, us students love to work for free for other companies (when we're doing internships), but do they want to work for free for the students? I don't think so! 
We haven't given up yet, surprisingly we are looking at the whole situation fairly positively - so that's good news. 

Back to the drawings. We've been doing extra sessions, now that the second years are on a placement, the tutors have found some spare time. And to be fair we've been complaining about not having illustration lessons, so kudos to them for listening to us (that's almost a miracle) . We've been doing different exercises - and to be quite frank, I'm WAY out of my comfort zone! It's okay, you're allowed to laugh at my drawings, I wont take any offense, beside I have excepted the fact that it's just not one of my talents. 
I know, I know, I could just practice, because practice makes perfect, but to be honest I'm just not that bothered. Once again, you might think I'm a slacker! 

Hope you're all well. I feel better now that I've handed in my work for an assessment. I was in the library yesterday from 12:00 am till 2:00 am this morning. Got to bed at 3:00 am and had four hours sleep... 
Commitment! Although you might sake your head at me, you haven't met the super heroes of the library; Rose, Phoenix, Mars and Erin - these girls stayed all night, they stayed right up till the hand-in at 9am this morning! Plus Phoenix then sat in the atrium with me and the other student reps and had a 2 hour long meeting! She deserve a medal and an applause! 


/Hannah

1 comment: