15 Apr 2013

Making Time!

I think this is my favourite stage of the whole process, seeing the idea becoming a reality. When you have spent 2 months researching, designing and developing your ideas, there's something thrilling lifting the idea from 2D and transforming it in to a 3D object. 


I always seem to get surprised that simple designs turn into a pattern cutting challenge. Simple designs, are not simple to create! Especially not when you are going through a phase of loving panels. 




The MoDA project was probably one of the most stressful projects that I have ever worked on.
As I signed up to be a student rep I also had the task of planning a fashion show with the fellow student reps from the other classes, so juggling that and doing the actual project at the same time, proved to be quite the challenge. Especially considering the circumstances of not having a budget for the show, as in there was no funding from the university and it had to be an of campus location. 
Let's just say that it's an experience that I'm not going to forget anytime soon! 

/Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment